The Direct Support Professional (DSP) provides one-on-one support for the Developmentally/Intellectually Disabled adults who use S.T.E.P. for their supported living service’s needs. Support is provided in the home, in the community, and wherever our Employers (the client) may be! The goal of the DSP is to help our Employers become as independent in their own lives as possible by actively finding ways to accommodate tasks to their needs and being hands-on support when needed.
Many of our Employers are deaf or hard of hearing, so DSPs with American Sign Language (ASL) skills are welcome! We have a very diverse culture at our company, which includes both hearing and non-hearing employees and Employers!
- Pay rate ranges from $18.50-$29.00, depending on type of shift and how many people are being supported.
- Mileage reimbursement included at $0.685 per mile.
- Portion of your pay be paid through In Home Social Services (IHSS) depending on position and Location)
- Full-time schedules available, we’re a 24/7 agency!
- AMERICAN SIGN LANGUAGE SKILLS WELCOME— we support and employ a large deaf and hard-of-hearing population!